Please respond by April 9th
BEST VIEWED USING INTERNET EXPLORER!
Party at the Porthole
Saturday, May 17th, 2014
(and Porthole Historians)
You are invited if in the mid to late 70’s – driving down Broadway or West Broadway heading towards Twigs Disco; passing the Hewlett Inn you would regularly make a right turn (before you got to Twigs), onto East Rockaway Road as your car was magnetically drawn to “The Porthole.”
Yes, if you crossed the railroad tracks you’d driven too far. And there was only a small obscure sign on a light pole indicating you could make a right turn onto New Street to maneuver the unpaved gauntlet that led to this legendary, underage admissible, watering hole.
Our old stomping grounds, a Hurricane Sandy survivor, “The Porthole” nestled in one of the inner waterways of Reynolds Channel, beckons us to relive our past and tell of our present; embrace, kiss, recount our youthful memories from nearly forty years ago.
• Who: If you are part of the FRHS graduating classes from ’73 – ’76 or thereabouts and Porthole Historians.
• Where: at the “New Michael’s Porthole”, 92 New Street, Oceanside, NY 11572.
• When: Saturday evening May 17th from 7:00 PM – 11:00 PM
• Cost: $65 per person includes Open Bar, Appetizers, Buffet Dinner, Desert, DJ, tax and gratuity
• Registration and guaranteed admission is only available until April 9. After that date admission is based on space availability (limited by Porthole capacity).
• PLEASE PAY IN ADVANCE by following the instructions below to save your space.
• PLEASE FORWARD ANY QUESTIONS VIA EMAIL TO ADRIENNE PATASHNY AT firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordinated by Adrienne Patashny, Alan Fortier, Jack Young, and several others, “The Porthole FRHS Reunion Organizers” ask that you register and confirm your attendance by April 9th. Registration will close on April 30. IF YOU REMEMBER THE PORTHOLE, YOU KNOW THAT SPACE IS LIMITED AND WE DO EXPECT THIS ONCE IN A LIFETIME EVENT TO SELL OUT.
There are two options for registering:
A. If you do not have a PayPal account, send an email and your name to email@example.com. We’ll send you an invoice for credit card payment.
B. If you have a PayPal account, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your PayPal account or simply go to the website as a guest.
2. Click Send Money at the top of the page.
3. Enter the recipient’s email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the amount you want to send.
4. Select “I'm sending money to family or friend” (This eliminates a fee to the Reunion Committee).
5. Click Continue.
6. Review the amount, the payment method, and shipping address.
7. You can add an optional message to the recipient.
8. Click Send Money.