Rockaway Beach Trivia Contest Official
Here are the official rules for the Rockaway Beach Trivia Contest #2
Here are the questions to the Rockaway Beach Trivia Contest # 2
1. What was the name of the school custodian who worked in the 1950' and 1960's? Mr. Keenan
2. PS 105 also had an official name. What was it? The Bay School
3. Name the 1960's city housing projects from Belle Harbor to Far Rockaway. Hammels, Arverne, Edgemere, Redvern
4. Which teacher had the toughest reputation at FRHS in the 1940's, 50's and 60's? Mr. Tietze
5. What FRHS basketball player from the 60's went on to play for the Knicks? John Warren
6. What are the school colors? Blue and Red
7. Who sold "famous" knishes at the Beach 35th Street Boardwalk? Jerry's
8. What was the name of the hippest clothing store on Central Avenue back in the 70's? All Togethers
9. What was the name of the diner located on Mott Avenue and Beach Channel Drive where everyone hung out on Friday and Saturday nights? The State Diner
10. Where was graduation from JHS 198 held? Brooklyn College
11. What was the name of the guy who use to roam around Far Rockaway and sing songs from his black and white composition books. (Everyone has to know the answer to this one!) Crazy Eddie
12. If you could answer #11, here is the next part
of the question. What planet did he say he was from?
He claimed to come from the planet Twilight
13. What was the name of the hospital located in Bayswater at the end of Mott Avenue? Joint Disease Hospital. Also went by the name Maimonides. Both were good answers.
14. What was the name of the yearly summer lifeguard party during the mid 70's? The Cave Man Convention
15. What was the name of the luncheonette under the el at Beach 25th Street? Ellie's or The Cove (aka Ellie and Phil's). During the late 40's and 50's is may have been known as Hal's, or Schain's, named for the owner at that time. All were good answers.
Return to Rockaway Beach